STAMM 2022Symposium on Trends in Applications of Mathematics to Mechanics
June 15-17, 2022 - Brescia (Italy)
Dipartimento di Matematica e Fisica
Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore
Via della Garzetta 48
I-25133 Brescia (Italy)
- Barbora Benesova (Prague, Czech Republic): A variational approach to fluid-structure interaction
- Paolo Biscari (Milano, Italy): Ericksen-Landau strain energies for planar crystal mechanics
- Gianni Dal Maso (Trieste, Italy): New results on the jerky crack growth in elastoplastic materials
- Bettina Detmann (Duisburg-Essen, Germany): Sound waves in poroelastic media with one, two or three pore fluids
- Irene Fonseca (Pittsburgh, USA): Phase Separation in Heterogeneous Media
- Manuel Friedrich (Erlangen, Germany): Linearization of models with surface discontinuities
- Martin Kružík (Prague, Czech Republic): Nonlinear and linearized models in thermoviscoelasticity
- Raimondo Penta (Glasgow, UK): Poroelasticity derived via asymptotic homogenization - Mathematical modelling and numerical simulations. State of the art, further perspectives, and extension to poroelastic composites
- Yasemin Sengül Tezel (Cardiff, UK): Stability in nonlinear viscoelasticity via monodromy
- Luigi Vergori (Perugia, Italy): Equilibrium textures on nematic shells
- Dmitry Vorotnikov (Coimbra, Portugal): Optimal ballistic transport problems and applications to PDE in mechanics and physics
- Davide Ambrosi (Torino, Italy): A rods model of the mitral valve
- Luca Bisconti (Firenze, Italy): On the convergence rates for the three-dimensional filtered Boussinesq equations
- Giulio G. Giusteri (Padova, Italy): Modelling shear jamming and fragility of concentrated suspensions
- Randy Llerena (Vienna, Austria): Existence of solutions of a two-phase free boundary problem
- Anna Pandolfi (Milano, Italy): Modelling the degeneration of the collagen architecture in a microstructural model of the human cornea
- Davide Riccobelli (Milano, Italy): Mathematical modelling of initially stressed materials
- Francesco Sapio (Vienna, Austria): Quasistatic limit of a dynamic viscoelastic model with memory
- Marco Spadini (Firenze, Italy): Periodic perturbations of a class of diffused delay models
The main purpose of the Symposium is to promote the interaction between Mathematics and Mechanics. We are confident that the meeting can take place in person and are very much looking forward to meeting you there. Still, we plan to provide a hybrid participation in the conference for those who will not be able to travel to Brescia.
The program of the workshop consists of invited lectures and contributed talks. Those wishing to contribute to the STAMM meeting with a talk are asked to write to Prof. Alessandro Musesti email@example.com by April 17, 2022. Please send a title and a short abstract. A number of 10 communications will be selected among all submitted abstracts.
- Wed June 15:
- 14,30 Welcome and greetings
- 15-19 Conferences
- Thu June 16:
- 9-11 Conferences
- 11-13 ISIMM Assembly
- 14,30-16 Conferences of the ISIMM prize winners
- 16,30-18 Conferences
- 18,30-19,30 Guided tour of the city
- 20 Social Dinner
- Fri June 17:
- 9-13 Conferences
- 14,30-16 Conferences
Those who are interested are kindly requested to fill the following FORM by May 31st, 2022.
No participation fee is required.
Campus Mompiano is the new campus of Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Via della Garzetta 48, I-25133 Brescia. The campus is located north of the city, surrounded by green and at the foot of the hills.How to get to Brescia
You can easily get to Brescia by train. By plane, you can fly to Milano Bergamo (BGY) and get to Brescia by bus (about 1 hour) or to Verona Villafranca (VRN) and then get to Brescia by bus and train (about 1 hour and a half). If you fly to Milano Malpensa (MXP) you can get to Brescia by train in about 2 hours.
Please think about the environment before you book your journey.
To get to Campus Mompiano from the railway station: underground line direction "Prealpino", get off at "Europa" and walk approximately 10 min, direction East.
Participants should make their own arrangements for accommodation.
Here is a list of
suggestions. The highlighted ones are those within walking distance.
Please pay attention: in those days there will be the celebrated "Mille Miglia", a very important race of historic cars. There will be a lot of people and prices can go up a lot.
Yasemin Şengül Tezel